Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Family Reunion






Every other year, my mom's side of the family gets together at the Deming Logging Show. We usually have at least one game of softball, bonfires and lots and lots of food. This year was no different. This year we went on Friday night as well. It turned out to be a very good choice. My cousin had this bottle of what looked like apple cider. Heck no!!! He called it apple pie with a kick. Oh ya it definately had a kick. This year there was also a blues fesitval so we enjoyed music, family and lots of apple pie!


Saturday I met up with my long time friend Holly to pick some blueberries at my sisters farm and headed back the reunion. The best part of the whole weekend was seeing my baby sister with her new baby Dakota. She is such a cutie. Both of them. My sister was a trooper. She had a C-section 8 days ago and she was still there. Uncomfortable and very tired being a new mom, but what a trooper.

I took Dakota and loved on her the whole day. And get this people, I changed her and I fed her and just loved her to pieces. Yes I did. Change and fed!! She even wet through everything all over me, but I didn't want to hand her back. Were my kids really ever that small? She was so tiny.

She was born 8 lbs 4oz but she like about 5 pounds.

I will say when people asked to hold her I did oblige but they always gave her back to me. I was in heaven the whole weekend.

We went back to the campgrounds again this morning to have breakfast and say goodbye. How very sad to know it may be months before I see her again. I actually have plans to see her in a couple weeks. I am sure she would have grown so much by then.

We made the drive back home and will be ready to play some ball too. What a great weekend that has ended much too soon.

1 comment:

kimi said...

my gosh. I'm so glad you had a good time! sounds like we need a road trip! I'm always up to go to Yakima and we could drop you off? let's plan it homey!